We believe that a memory quilt is beyond a doubt one of the best ideas since sliced bread. From T-shirt quilts, to hockey jersey quilts, baby clothes quilts, and even a memorial quilt … we have compiled a list of the reasons why they should be the fore-front in your minds. Our hope is that you find our answers both meaningful and a little humorous at the same time.
- You care about the environment and upcycling seems like a great idea.
- Quilts have a long standing history of symbolizing love, comfort and joy.
- You have experienced the loss of a loved one, and donating his/her wardrobe to good will does not feel like the right decision.
- You are moving into a new home, and the thought of moving boxes of clothing that you are not wearing, doesn’t hold any appeal.
- Having your memories together, in one place, for you to see, feel, and remember, sounds amazing!
- Your former rep hockey prodigy has left for university and you would like to send his jerseys with him (or her).
- Your basement just flooded, and if you have to wash, dry, and sort your items anyway, you may as well put your time to good use, and place that order.
- Your husband/wife has been nagging at you to clean out your closet and make some room.
- You’ve been collecting concert T-shirts since your teenage years, and you just can’t bear to part with the memories.
- You have been looking for that unique gift idea to mark a milestone for a birthday, Christmas, a graduation, and/or retirement.
A memory quilt by Marnie,
a quilt that tells your story,
is a unique way to remember!